Introduction to Making the Perfect Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned
An Old Fashioned is an iconic whiskey drink made with Bulleit whiskey, sugar, bitters and fruit. It is a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for centuries and is one of the most popular drinks in the world. This easy-to-make recipe will help you make the perfect Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned every time.
Start by adding 2 parts of your favorite Bulleit bourbon to a rocks glass that has been filled with ice cubes. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar or 1 sugar cube to the glass. Gently stir this mixture until dissolved. Add two dashes or three healthy drops of bitters and stir again until completely mixed up.
Next, take one orange slice and roll it in brown sugar before adding it to the glass. For this recipe, we suggest muddling together an orange slice, a Maraschino cherry and two Luxardo cherries for added flavor complexity.
Fill up your glass with more ice cubes if needed so that all of the ingredients are covered by at least half an inch of liquid. Now top off with club soda and give it another stir – don’t be afraid to get creative here!
There’s nothing like sipping on a perfectly made Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned while enjoying your favorite tunes! Whether you’re hosting friends or relaxing after a long day at work, mix up this timeless libation as often as possible – cheers!
What Supplies are Needed for a Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned?
Making a Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned is an easy way to add some flavor and class to any gathering. The classic cocktail consists of a simple combination of Bulleit Rye, bitters, and sugar or simple syrup over ice. To make this drink properly, there are just a few supplies that you’ll need on hand. Firstly, you’ll need Bulleit Rye whiskey for its unique spiciness that pairs perfectly with the depth in the other ingredients. Make sure you have enough for each person at your gathering as well as extra for those unexpected guests. Secondly, bitters are an essential component in any old fashioned recipe – they add complexity and sophistication that can be tasted throughout your entire sip. Thirdly, while both syrup or sugar will work depending on preference, we suggest getting both options available – this allows guests to mix their drinks the way they like them best. Lastly, don’t forget the finishing touches! Gently twist orange and lemon peels over each glass to release fresh oils for subtle citrus accents that take your cocktails next level! Now you have all the ingredients needed to make a delicious Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned – cheers!
Step-By-Step Guide for Crafting the Perfect Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned
The Old Fashioned is arguably the most classic and widely enjoyed whiskey cocktail. A timeless favorite, an Old Fashioned gets its name from being one of the earliest forms of cocktails dating back to 1806 when it was supposedly invented by an unnamed bartender in New York City.
If you want to make your own amazing Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned, we’ve got you covered! Here’s a step by step guide on how it’s done:
Step 1: Gather ingredients – For a Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned you will need 2 ounces of Bulleit Rye Whiskey, 1 teaspoon of sugar or sweetener (e.g., simple syrup), 2-3 dashes of Angostura® bitters, and some ice cubes. You may also opt to use a sliver orange peel for garnish if desired.
Step 2: Add sweetener – Take the sugar or sweetener of your choice and add it into the bottom of your preferred rocks glass.
Step 3: Add bitters – Using two to three dashes of Angostura® bitters, pour into your glass over the sugar/sweetener mixture.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making a Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned
Q1: How do you make a classic Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned?
A1: To make a classic Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned, fill an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and a few dashes of bitters. Stir to combine the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and then add 2 ounces of Bulleit whiskey. Finally, garnish with an orange twist or cherry for an extra touch of sweetness.
Q2: What is the difference between a regular old-fashioned and one made with Bulleit whiskey?
A2: The main difference between a regular old fashioned and one made with Bulleit is that the latter features higher quality ingredients such as premium bourbon whiskies which are aged in charred American oak barrels, creating flavors of caramel and wood spices that complement the orange peel and bitters used in the cocktail. Additionally, using brown sugar which provides subtle molasses notes helps elevate this classic cocktail to exceptional heights when compared to just using simple syrup or white granulated sugar alone.
Q3: Can I substitute other spirits for whiskey in this recipe?
A3: Yes! This recipe can be easily adapted to use other types of spirits such as rum, brandy or even gin depending on your tastes. For example, swap out the whisky for 2 ounces of your favorite brandy and you‘ll have yourself a Brandy Old Fashioned instead – delicious!
Top 5 Facts About the History and Production of Bulleit Whiskey
Bulleit Whiskey is an award-winning American whiskey brand with a lengthy and storied history. It was originally developed by Augustus Bulleit in the 19th century and has since become one of the most iconic names in the whiskey industry. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the interesting facts about Bulleit’s history and production that you may not know.
1. Founding: Augustus Bulleit was born around 1805 in Louisville, Kentucky, a hotbed for distillers at the time. He began distributing his signature “bulleye” whiskey recipe in 1830 but mysteriously disappeared on a supply run one night before ever being able to reap profits from it. The tradition of his whiskey would live on though—his daughter Louisa inherited his recipe and eventually sold it to her cousin JBB MacDonald who started producing what would become known as Bulleit Bourbon more than 100 years later.
2. Recipe: Bulleit Whiskey is made according to historic recipes that date back centuries; its trademark flavor comes from mixing rye (at least 51%) with other grains like malted barley, corn, wheat, etc., all of which are distilled together before being quality-tested and aged in white oak barrels over several years’ time.
3. Sourcing: Unlike many bourbon brands whose grain supplies come from unknown sources, Bulleit uses grain specially sourced from small local farms in Kentucky ensuring consistent quality along with traceability throughout their entire supply chain process from farm to bottle.
4. Innovation: Following full FDA approval for process patenting like never seen before within the spirits industry, Bulleit recently introduced new technology which incorporates a vacuum-distillation process to reduce carbon emissions during fermentation while maintaining traditional flavors associated with their recipes – continuing its commitment towards sustainability across all production aspects and practices ranging from product packaging design to energy efficiency initiatives at warehouses as well as participating facilities worldwide
5. Awards: Over the years, Bulleit has racked up awards at just about every major spirits competition including World Whiskies Awards twice, IWSC Gold 2018 Gold Medals twice, San Francisco World Spirit Competition four times (amongst others), wax sealing them one of most respected artisanal whiskeys out there!
Conclusion: Summarising How To Make The Perfect Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned
An Old Fashioned is a timeless classic that can be enjoyed any time of year. It’s simple, yet delicious and made of just four ingredients: Bulleit whiskey, Angostura Bitters, sugar cube or simple syrup and an orange peel for garnish.
To make the perfect Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned you need to start with a sturdy lowball glass filled with ice. Add in your preferred sweetener: either a large sugar cube or three teaspoons of simple syrup. Then add two dashes of Angostura Bitters, followed by two ounces of Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey. Stir the mixture until the sweetener has dissolved before adding more ice and expressing an orange peel over the top so its citrus oils are released within the drink. Finally, enjoy your tasty & boozy beverage!
Making a perfect Bulleit Whiskey Old Fashioned proves that simplicity can be both delectable and sophisticated. The sweetness from the sugar (or syrup) perfectly complements Burleigh’s bold characteristic flavour which gives this drink its timeless appeal. When done correctly – using quality ingredients – this classic cocktail couldn’t get any better than it already is!