Understanding the Basics of Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey
If you’re looking to get an authentic whiskey experience, it doesn’t get much better than Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey. This special whisky has a unique flavor that comes from malting local barley and other grains before distilling them through traditional copper pot stills. The result is a spirit with a deep complexity of flavor, making it the perfect addition to your next tasting party or a glass enjoyed on its own.
But what exactly makes Straight Malt Whisky so unique? To start, it begins with malted barley grown in Colorado’s Fort Collins region and other local grains such as corn and rye. The mash bill — the percentages of each grain used — takes some time to determine and can vary depending on the batch-to-batch process of distillation and aging. Once the mash bill is determined however, the grains are milled into grist before being steeped in hot water to extract sugar for fermentation which produces distilled spirits with flavorful character.
After distillation, Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey naturally ferments for two days giving it a distinct color and complexity. It then gets double distilled through traditional copper pot stills allowing any off-flavors from fermentation to be removed as well as adding depth and balance before bottling at 75 proof (37.5% ABV). Post-distilling, some batches are aged in charred oak barrels from 10 months up to 2 years developing its flavors even further resulting in smooth bourbon characteristics of spice, smokiness and sweetness that makes this whisky essential for sipping occasions.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an outstanding whiskey experience—you’ve found it! With each batch made differently than the last due to its unique blend of ingredients each time as well as distillation techniques behind each bottle; you can drink sure knowing you have something special every time you crack open Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey!
Exploring the World of Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey
Whiskey has become an increasingly popular spirit with its array of varieties, flavors and styles. It’s no wonder why people have begun to explore the world of whiskey with curiosity. One such whiskey that has been gaining attention is Spirit hound Straight Malt Whiskey from Colorado.
At Spirit Hound, they believe in using only the best ingredients and making their whiskey in small batches. Their handcrafted malts are distilled from a variety of grains, which include barley and rye malts as well as wheat malts to give it a unique character. The special malts are milled, mashed, cooked at low temperatures and aged two years in charred white oak barrels—all prior to being bottled by master distillers in Loveland, Colorado.
The result is a smooth whiskey with a unique flavor profile full of complexity and depth. As soon as you take your first sip, you’ll experience an earthy sweetness followed by notes of wood pepper and clove which perfectly balance out this amazing spirit. The finish lingers for quite some time bringing all the vibrant flavors together into one harmonious experience perfect for sipping neat or mixology projects alike!
This spirit is true to its name – a “straight malt” whiskey – meaning unaged grain spirits have been directly used; meaning this particular style contains more esters than single malt whiskeys meaning bright floral notes play along alongside the mainstay oak-driven flavours found in any good whisky; making this expression worth exploring for whisky enthusiasts everywhere!
If you’re looking for something special yet accessible that defines what craft-distilling can be , then look no further than Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey! From start to finish, it’s an exceptional sip that any true aficionado will appreciate while maintaining drinkability not often seen in traditional whiskies! Enjoy exploring these new flavors that American craft-distilling has opened up — bottoms up friends!
Uncovering the History and Origins of Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey
There is much mystery surrounding the recent emergence of Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey on the American market. The whiskey features an unexpected design, with its unique blend of aged malt whiskey crafted from sustainably produced grains and sourced from Barley Spirt’s own farm in Table Rock, Colorado.
The name Spirit Hound was inspired by an old Scottish tale about a wild dog or “spirit hound” that would lurk in the dark forests around the Scottish Highlands. Indeed, many people connect this legendary spirit hound to whisky because it was often seen as a symbol of strength and fortitude within Scotland’s tight-knit society—a society devoted to hard work and making spirits (and whiskey) using traditional methods.
When it comes down to the actual production process for Spirithound, most of their products begin as ethically sourced malted barley grain from local farms in Colorado before undergoing a complicated yet carefully calculated mashing process that uses open-top mash tuns where hot blasts are combined with cool air to create perfect temperature conditions for fermentation. Once fermentation is complete, it takes almost two months for certain recipes before they can be labeled as “aged malt whiskies.”
Their signature flagship product – straight malt whiskey – is then barreled while cold smoke distilled over local Rocky Mountain Juniper wood adds a light note of complexity and sweetness to what would otherwise have been quite a straightforward whisky flavor profile. Subsequently those barrels are stored away in their aging cellars; barreling nicely allows for oxidation throughout the ageing process for more depth in flavor when ready for bottling! Finally, Spirit Hounds Straight Malt Whiskey is shipped off all over America as one of only a few independent bottlings that has become highly sought after since its initial release not too long ago!
The true origin story behind Spirit Hound whiskeys might still remain tucked away somewhere among deep secrets held only by those that craft such fantastic
Step-by-Step Guide to Tasting and Enjoying Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey
1. Choose your vessel: This is an important first step in enjoying Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey! Your choice of glass or vessel is crucial to the appreciation of your whiskey. A traditional Glencairn whisky glass has a rounded tulip shape that helps capture and concentrate aroma and enhances visual spirit appreciation. But if you don’t have one handy—or for casual gatherings—a large rocks glass will work just fine, too.
2. Pour it: Take a minute to appreciate the color and clarity of your chosen Scotch whiskey before pouring just enough to coat the bottom of your glass (about half an ounce). Note the color: Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey should appear golden amber-brown in hue; not too dark or cloudy with no sediment at all.
3. Give it a sniff: What kind of aromas do you detect? Nose for sweet hints like Vanilla, Smoke, Fudge? We love the way Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey’s rich aroma gives notes of light heather honey, delicate smokiness and gentle spice that follows through on each sip!
Do note that swirling can contribute to oxidation within the whisky but can also enhance the aromatic complexity when whiffing. No great harm done either way so feel free to get up close and personal with your pour— but don’t forget to take small sips while you’re nosing!
4. Taste It: Slow down; don’t rush this part! Take a nice small sip at first and hold it around on your palette for a few moments before swooshing it around between your teeth for more texture perception as well as unlocking hidden flavours such as fruit, nuts or even leather notes depending on what type of malt scotch whisky you are trying! Pay attention particularly during this part since this allows you identify those individual flavour components – malt grain character (cereal-y), woody notes from oak cask maturation,
FAQs: All You Need to Know About Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey
What is Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey?
Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey is a high-quality spirit that has been distilled five times to create an unmistakable flavor and finish. Made from only the finest ingredients, this whiskey has been carefully crafted to provide drinkers with a truly unique drinking experience. Enjoy neat or on the rocks, in cocktails or mixed drinks – whatever your pleasure, this malt whiskey is sure to please!
What sets Spirit Hound apart from other whiskeys?
Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey stands out for its commitment to quality and premium ingredients. While most other whiskeys are made from grains such as corn and rye, Spirit Hound utilizes only malted barley, giving it more full-bodied flavor and complexity. Additionally, our distilling technique creates a balanced spirit that starts smooth and finishes crisp – you won’t forget the taste of this whiskey!
How should I enjoy my Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey?
The beauty of whiskey lies in its versatility, so feel free to enjoy your spirit however you wish. We recommend drinking it neat, over ice, or as part of your favorite cocktail recipe. From an Old-Fashioned to a Manhattan – however way you choose to consume it, Spirit Hound will provide an unparalleled drinking experience every time.
Top 5 Facts about the Unique Characteristics of Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey
1. No Corn Used- Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey is made entirely of malted barley, grown in Colorado and supplemented with Colorado Wheat, making it a truly local whiskey. This combination makes it free of corn giving its subtle flavor profile a uniqueness among other whiskeys.
2. Unique Non-Chill Filtration Process– During production the Spirit Hound is not only filtered three times with charcoal but is put through an additional non-chill filtration process which removes unwanted impurities picked up during maturation without sacrificing taste or mouth-feel. This helps keep the whiskey smooth and full bodied while keeping its complexity from barrel to bottle as true to form as possible.
3. Single Malt Mashbill– Using a single malt mashbill sets this whiskey apart from traditional bourbon by utilizing 100% malted barley for fermentation with no combination of unmalted grains such as rye, wheat, or corn making it an extremely unique offering in the craft spirit world.
4. High Rye Mashbill – The high rye spirit hound blend uses nearly 25% rye in order to stand out on more complex cocktails and give the whiskey an extra “oomph” that you can particularly taste when used in more rigorously distilled spirits like bourbons due to their naturally high grain content..
5. Provenance –Spirit Hound has successfully proven that a smaller distiller based near Lyons, Colorado can produce two delicious whiskeys that mimic larger distillery profiles held to higher standards than those found at most craft gin and vodka producers