Introduction to Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey
It’s no secret that Tennessee whiskey has become a distinguished spirit in recent years, and Kings Creek 9 Year Tennessee Whiskey is right at the top of the pack. This sweet elixir crafted in Alabama packs a complex flavor profile that sets it apart from all other whiskeys on the market, making it one of the most sought-after whiskies available.
Kings Creek 9 Year Tennessee Whiskey is made with an 80% corn, 12% rye and 8% malted barley blend – all locally sourced grain from Alabama farms. It’s aged for nine years in new charred oak barrels and round out with subtle notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove on the nose. Once you take a sip you will find flavors of caramel, balanced toffee sweetness, creamy vanilla, smokey toasted oak with slight herbal tones over-top a background hint of buttery butterscotch. The finish continues the great aroma of butter notes combined with hints of peppermint chocolate for a truly unique experience.
No matter if you’re a casual sipper or a seasoned whiskey connoisseur, Kings Creek 9 Year Tennessee Whiskey provides an amazing flavor profile that is sure to tantalize your taste buds! The perfect spirit for any occasion or gathering – this whiskey will not disappoint!
History of Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey
Kings Creek 9 year Tennessee Whiskey is a unique whiskey brand made in Marion County, Tennessee since 1890. The brand was founded by Samuel Moore and his son-in-law, James M. Switzer. It began when they bought an old grist mill at the Kings Creek site near Spring City and reconstructed it into a distillery.
Over the years, their whiskey gained popularity throughout Tennessee due to its distinct flavor. By 1914, Kings Creek Whiskey had earned several awards including a gold medal from both the American Artisan Society and Paris Expo as well as multiple diplomas of distinction from various government entities for distilled spirits that achieved high quality standards.
In 1933, after prohibition ended in the United States changed the way people consumed alcohol from illegal underground sales to regulated over-the-counter purchases in retail stores. This opened up company access to new markets across America which had previously been closed off due to restrictions on sales of alcoholic beverages. Kings Creek took advantage of this opportunity not only expanding their customer base dramatically but also beginning to produce higher proof alcohols such as their 95 proof whiskey that earned it further acclaim nationally in 1949 when it won yet another gold medal at that same Paris Expo event as well as two more awards at Chicago’s International Exposition of Spirits & Liqueurs during the same year.
Today, although under now different ownership than what was envisioned by Moore and Switzer all those years ago, Kings Creek continues its commitment to excellence by producing fine tasting whiskeys that perfectly capture a taste of small town Tennessee tradition with each sip!
Distillation Process of Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey
Making top-shelf whiskey takes extensive knowledge and years of experience. The process of distilling quality whiskey like Kings Creek 9 year Tennessee Whiskey is both an art and a science that requires attention to every detail. Here we’ll take a look at the steps in the distillation process that make it unique, so you can learn more about why this whiskey has such an excellent taste.
First, quality ingredients are selected by experienced brewers using their knowledge of what produces the best flavor profiles. In the case of Kings Creek Nine-Year Tennessee Whiskey, corn, rye and malted barley served as the main ingredients before they were mixed with pure mountain spring water to create what is known as ‘mash.’ The mash was then fermented for three days until it produced alcohol that ranged from 8-10% in concentration.
Next, came distilling – the art! This process begins with a high purity copper still which will house single pot distillation through columns consisting of several smaller vessels connected together. Surprisingly enough – one of these key components is the shape and size of each piece within each column which plays a role in creating its distinct flavor profile! Copper also helps remove some natural elements from occurring during this step (including sulfur). As temperatures rise during distillation and turn into vapor, many unwanted compounds dissipate into an attached condenser which turns them back into liquid and captures them for disposal later on – ensuring only top quality spirits remain for bottling!
Eventually after multiple rounds of distillation have taken place, the result is a richly flavored whisky ready to be aged in oak barrels before filtering out any remaining impurities withactivated carbon filtration Finally– just before bottling– samples are tasted and approved according to industry standards! A complex yet delicate balance between sweetness and flavor makes Kings Creek Nine Year Tennessee Whiskey truly unique, while also packing quite a punch based on its 90 proof rating!
Aromatic and Taste Profiles of Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey
Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey is a truly unique whiskey blended from carefully selected barrels of bourbon and other aged whiskeys. Its flavor profile has the character of a robust, complex whiskey with sweet and spicy notes. On the nose, you get an aroma that can only be described as pure Tennessee sunbaked sugarcane with a hint of subtle oak and caramel. Inhaling deeply reveals notes of apricot, buttery almonds, and honeycomb. That’s just the start – as you sip, warm aromas of pecan and leather melt away as hints of oak tannins become evident on the finish along with some earthy smokiness that lingers pleasantly at the back of your palette.
Tastewise, Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey has a soft texture that coats the tongue with mellow sweetness before revealing its full range of flavors. It’s smooth with a slight maltiness that compliments its fruity elements – tart pears, ripe plums, sweet raisins – leaving behind hints of dark chocolate flakes for a magical balance to its sharp aftertaste. Caramel apples draw out its chewy vanilla rich character for an overall wonderfully sweet experience sure to delight any bourbon drinker!
FAQs on Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey
Q. What is Kings Creek 9-Year Tennessee Whiskey?
A. Kings Creek 9-Year Tennessee Whiskey is an award-winning whiskey produced by local distillers in Nashville, Tennessee. This whiskey is made from a blend of select grains including corn, rye, and barley and aged in oak casks for nine years. The result is a distinctly smooth yet complex flavor that is perfect on its own or as part of any classic whiskey cocktail. Kings Creek has won several awards for their exceptional quality and craftsmanship, making it one of the top picks amongst quality whiskey connoisseurs around the world.
Q. What makes this whiskey unique?
A. Kings Creek 9-Year Tennessee Whiskey is unique due to its superior craftsmanship and production process. Every single drop is aged in high-grade American white oak barrels, allowing it to develop an extra level of rich flavor characteristics while also staying balanced and smooth throughout the aging process. Additionally, the traditional grain recipe includes no artificial ingredients or flavoring agents ensuring you get a natural depth of character you can taste with every sip!
Q. How should I enjoy this whiskey?
A. Thanks to its smooth complexity and rich flavor profile, King’s Creek 9-year Tennessee Whiskey can be enjoyed neat or mixed into countless classic cocktails such as a Manhattan or even an Old-Fashioned–the possibilities are endless! Serve your favorite way over ice for a refreshing treat on any occasion!
Top 5 Facts About Kings Creek 9year Tennessee Whiskey
1. Kings Creek 9-year Tennessee Whiskey is a specially crafted expression of whiskey from the hills of Tennessee. It is made with a perfect blend of traditional corn, malt, and wheat whiskey, aged for nine years in oak barrels. With its smooth and subtle flavor profile, it has become one of the most popular whiskey labels in the world.
2. The name “Kings Creek” takes inspiration from John Geddes Lawrence who is credited as having been the first distiller to settle in Nashville, TN in 1812 at what eventually became known as Kings creek on Bledsoe creek near Louisville Rd. The area eventually became known as Lawrenceburg and is home to many great distillers today.
3. Many claim that Kings Creek 9-year Tennessee Whiskey is among some of the finest American whiskeys produced anywhere in this part of the country at any age level: 90 Proof being its standard bottling proof since being introduced to market over a decade ago; today this small-batch classic has developed somewhat of an understanding aficionado’s selection amongst knowledgeable whiskey fans.
4. While aging can cost quite a bit more than cheaper shortcuts like blending younger whiskeys together or adding single malt to make them appear more complex, few things are better for making green spirits into beautiful gold hued mature ones than those precious oak barrels: so that’s exactly what everybody gets when they purchase their bottles from Kings Creek – only genuine slow barrel aging process done correctly by highly skilled experts making sure each bottle tastes as good (if not even better) than previous batches; all conforming to strict environmental standards for sustainability and eco friendly methods striving towards earth preservation through responsible efforts and practices along with full transparency regarding all production processes; there simply isn’t another secret ingredient here besides simple time & care…and lots patience!
5. Finally, what makes this line unique & extra special – it pays tribute to the amazing history behind quality American handcrafted craftsmanship whilst maintaining an impressive presence & identity within modern whiskey landscape with carefully chosen natural materials alongside meaningful message attached to every bottle bringing back iconic images of rugged independence these days – hence capturing olfactory glory that manages to capture interest of contemporary drinkers observing elegant fusion between historic souls ‘n waves indicative signature traits original settlers brought down South via KentuckyRiver flowing into Tennessee violets announcing arrival timeless legacy which still reminds us excellence dedicated artisans throughout centuries aiming humbly provide nectar that would perfectly pair up celebrations accompanied moments joy peace during New Year’s Eve family gatherings Sunday Barbecues any occasion alike!